If you're looking for information on welding fume extractor systems because you're thinking about renovating your workshop, you should know that you should choose a fume extractor system based on the frequency and severity of your welding work.
Here's why we'll explain which models are best for each job, thus extraction systems for:
- Rare welding and in many stations
- Frequent welding and in many stations
- Fixed bench welding
- Fixed welding in large spaces.
Fume extractor systems for light or rare jobs
If you rarely weld in your workshop for quick jobs only, the best system for you is a mobile unit, meaning a compact and trolley filter system: easy to move from one place to another without occupying too much space when not used.
Take, for example, WORKY SMOBIPLUS, a welding fume extractor and filter trolley unit with:
- 1.5 HP extractor,
- 3 metre and 15 cm diameter extractor arm
- maximum 1500 m3/h capacity
- pocket and active carbon filters
- 95% filtering efficiency
Heavy duty jobs in variable stations
If, instead, you weld frequently with a certain intensity and duration but you don't have a fixed workstation, you need a higher capacity fume extractor trolley unit.
The best is SMOBIMAX 1B and 2B, more powerful and with a larger quantity of active carbon in the filters:
- 2/3 HP extractor,
- 1 or 2 3-metre and 15 cm diameter extractor arms
- maximum 2500 m3/h capacity
- 95% filtering efficiency
Fixed bench welding fume extractor systems
For welding, but also for deburring and grinding on a bench, extractor benches or centralised systems are suitable because they combine extraction and filtering power with the convenience of a specific space.
- I SAB series extractor benches are made of sheet metal with a horizontal extraction surface (available in 3 different lengths). The surface is made of steel rods: welding fumes are extracted through their gaps. They come with a standard spark shield, a dust collection box for metals t heavy to be extracted and lateral exit fringe.
- Centralised fume extractor system efficiency is due to their SB, SBA and SBF extractor arms: free-standing arms with150 and 160mm diameter with support shelf. SB and SBA are hinged and equipped with air-lock shutter (SBA with integrated extractor). SBF and SBFA, on the other hand, have internal articulation and an external flexible hose, guaranteeing maximum flexibility: ideal for a body shop.
Fixed welding in large spaces
For fixed welding but in different, numerous stations also far from each other, the best solution consists of a centralised fume extractor system complete with very long extractor arms, or a wall kit.
- For arms, we recommend our SBB and SBBF (also with extractor version, SBBA and SBBFA): the first rigid with external articulation, the second flexible with internal articulation but both able to swivel extend to reach even the more difficult positions.
- For the kit, we offer SPARK kits, complete with extractor arm, wall extractor, pocket filter with active carbon and spark-proof filter.
Do you want to learn more about all WORKY welding fume extractor solutions? Visit the specific section or contact us without any obligation!